DISHA-ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESAN SOCIAL SERVICE SOCIETY (RCDSSS) is the social service wing of Ajmer Diocese, a registered voluntary organization works for the poor, marginalized and socially excluded sectors of the society regardless of caste, belief, race, social status and political affiliation. At present, we are working with 27,563 Households in 1111 villages of 45 developing blocks in Ajmer, Barmer, Bhilwara, Sawai Madhopur, Sirohi, Jalore, Dungarpur, Kota and Chittorgarh districts of Rajasthan. We have had worked in Jaisalmer and Rajsamand in previous years in collaboration with different agencies. DISHA-RCDSSS works for the development of the marginalized communities to realize their rights and making them self-reliant through its core program i.e. Women Empowerment, Education, Health, Livelihood Promotion and Rights & Entitlements.
A just society where people live with dignity and self reliance by ensuring equal opportunity for development and respect for natural resources.
To mainstream the socially excluded through awareness, capacity building and promoting good governance for sustainable development.
- Respect for environment (creation) & culture
- Human integrity
- Respect for culture
- Love & compassion
- Equal Respect for all religion / religious
The role of DISHA RCDSS is to function effectively as an implementing agency. In its role as an implementing agency, DISHA proposes to take up the role of a mediator between community and other stakeholders and an advocate for social right and responsibility.
The following are the long terms goals of DISHA RCDSSS:
- Reinforced Livelihood through building capacity by increasing availability of water, cultivable land, pasture, forest, agriculture and livestock production in the 12 districts of Rajasthan of Ajmer Diocese.
- Enhancing access to provisions and rights of life and livelihood including vocational skill development and enhancing income levels for communities in 12 districts of Rajasthan of Ajmer Diocese.
- Mainstreaming socially excluded children specially girl children, improved quality of education and increased retention in schools in the community in 12 districts of Rajasthan of Ajmer Diocese.
- Reduction in IMR and MMR rate by ensuring ANC and PNC care, prevention of communicable diseases and mainstreaming the PLHA by providing care and support in the 12 districts of Rajasthan of Ajmer Diocese.