Developing reading skills in children of primary level to increase retention and interest in school through alternative reading (library) and joyful learning environment. Assisting drop out and needy children to continue their study. Strengthening community support & monitoring of schools and advocacy of child rights are key strategies of our program.
Establishing library and joyful learning environment Developing reading skill Strengthening community support & monitoring Providing education fees to the needy.
Achievements in last year:
- Providing financial assistance to 152 needy students to retain quality education.
- 1696 children are organized in 148 ¢child management ¢committee (bal manch) and maintaining reading rooms on their own.
- 8691 children access the joyful initiatives of school libraries and improved their reading skills. We are the only NGO running the maximum numbers of 150 reading room (libraries) in the state with Room to Read India Trust.
- 110 teachers and 930 community members participated in summer camps wherein 4114 children enjoyed and enhanced their reading skills.
- 10900 children, 353 teachers and 1138 community members celebrated World literacy day (8th September) and disseminated a message for increasing literacy.